[mythtv] OSD scaling for 'zoomed' viewing

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Wed Apr 21 18:33:05 EDT 2004

I have a DVB card in the backend, and often watch TV using the 16:9 zoom
function, as 4:3 content is transmitted pillarboxed to 16:9 here in
Australia (and I'm using a 4:3 TV).

The trouble is, the OSD doesn't fit on the screen in this mode, requiring
a change back to 16:9 so I can read it. Is there any way to scale the OSD
depending on the viewing mode?

As an aside, I'd also like to be able to change the function of the zoom
key, such that I only cycle through 16:9 and 16:9 zoom, rather than all 4
(?) modes. Possible?

Cheers,

Jon