[mythtv] Building mythbackend without Qt

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Apr 21 21:26:46 EDT 2004

	Hi guys. First post. Sorry if this has been asked before.

	I am trying to build a minimal mythtv server for DVB,
and have been baulking at the software requirements.
A backend shouldn't need to draw stuff on the screen, right?

	So, I have a Gentoo system with MySQL and no X, and am trying
to compile 0.14 without Qt. I have written a qmake.pl (376 lines)
that generates some appropriate makefiles, and the av libs have
built, but the build dies at libmyth/*, because all the source
includes headers like qwidget.h, qdialog.h, et c.

	Further perusal of the code reveals dependencies on qmap,
qobject, qstring and the like, so I guess that Qt is very woven
into the code.

	Short of re-engineering all the storage class usage,
I am definately stuck with Qt, right?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Now the world has gone to bed,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  Darkness won't engulf my head,