[mythtv] [mythgame] CVS failes to compile added patch

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 23 19:48:13 EDT 2004

Either way, I agree it is arbitrary to think that someone can't use gcc 2.95
or whatever version that is still in the mainstream (i.e., the latest
release on his particular platform).   If MythTV can be compiled on that
version without breaking other versions, then more power to him.  It would
be just like if we implemented some code that didn't compile cleanly on gcc
3.1, 3.2, or whatever.  Someone would patch it to make sure it did and
didn't affect other releases as well.

QT is another beast and everyone understands the issues with that and the
requirement of version but don't get down on a guy because he took the time
to examine the code and submit a patch (that I assume) doesn't break
anything but instead fixes the code for what might be a good number of Myth
users.  It is nice that the people here are taking in the time to ensure
compatibility instead of taking the "oh, that's too old you have to upgrade
approach" which shuts people out and only makes them leave the project.

Kevin