[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Apr 24 09:27:56 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 01:58 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:38:48PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > >
> > > Partial ditto.  Left should exit, but having right bring up the menu
> > > would be alright with me.
> >
> > I think it'd be more in line with the single column menu behavior to
> > select the item and play it, in this case as well.  Didn't the program
> > finder also work this way?
>
> I'm not grokking this.  Care to explain further?

Weren't you the one who modified the menus so that if there was only a single
column of items (like gant), that it would select the item if you pushed
right?  So, pushing right acted as if you hit select.  The program finder
works (or worked) the same way -- pushing right from the rightmost of the 3
columns acted as if you were hitting select.

Basically, there's precedence in the UI for having the right arrow from a list
act as select, not menu or some other action.  Having the playback selection
screen act differently doesn't make any sense.

Isaac