[mythtv] PATCH: fix crash if fb-driver not loaded

Torsten Rupp torsten.rupp at gmx.net
Sat Apr 24 05:53:07 EDT 2004

Dear developers,

I'm using MythTV for some time on a MSI barebone 651 with a PVR350. I detected
a small problem in the case the framebuffer should be used, but no
framebuffer driver is loaded. In my case either MythTV hangs or crashes when
I tried to watch some movie on the desktop screen. The attached patch add
some missing checks when intialising the framebuffer device. With the patch
MythTV does not crash anymore. In the case the framebuffer device can not be
initialised it simply return to the menu.

I hope the patch is useful. I'm looking forward to see the changes becoming
integrated in the CVS sources, too.

Sincerely,

Torsten