[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Apr 26 18:21:56 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Without the Ben's patch this isn't as much of an issue, but it looked
>> really stupid to have the shows being displayed when there wasn't one
>> highlited.
>

> I guess "stupid" is a matter of perspective. If focus is on a
> title, either right or left, using the space for descriptive
> information to at least show the info for the first item on the
> list is actually pretty smart. You can scroll down the left
> column and see the info for the one episode or at least the
> most recent episode for each title. This is useful even if the
> user is forced to move right before they could take any action.
>
> You've changed this so that now you would have the use right,
> left, down, right, left, down, etc. to see each description.

It's actually behind  a setting currently, the right item remains
highlited be default.  If the group_info container isn't present then it
looks and behaves just like it used to.

> Now, there is this big, empty list box with one item listed.
> Instead of telling the user something about that program it says
> "There is one recording in this display group". Not only is this
> uninformative but it borders on insulting the intelligence of
> the user.

*sigh* and the message "There are 23 recordings in this group." is
helpful.  It provides information on what you're currently sorting
through which is the groups.

> If you could change this back as Isaac requested,
> it would be appreciated.

Right now the list highlight is hidden behind a setting which defaults
to the old behavior... Though I did miss the part about the group info
being configurable.  I did make it dependent on the theme supporting it,
and I was asked to add it back into GANT if the rest of the things were
staying.  I'll put the setting in sometime tomorrow.

> Also, displaying the recgroup name in the title field with the
> large font doesn't seem to be the best. Instead, it would be
> useful to always show the current recgroup name in the in the
> upper right hand corner of the page (see any proglist page where
> it shows the title or search key in this space).

That's actually a great idea.  I'll bundle that in.