[mythtv] feature requests

Damion de Soto damion at snapgear.com
Mon Apr 26 20:23:56 EDT 2004

  James
> Is anyone thinking or working on a 'keyword or title' wish list to the
> database where a show that is not currently in the epg (and therefore
> can't be entered in to record) can be recorded? Entering a show title or
> keywords to the database with a flag for search title or desciption, if
> found when running mythfilldatabase will be added to the list of show to
> be recorded. I have a handfull of shows that are not playing yet but
> would like to have them autorecord. I know there was a message in the
> past about setting  up a manual recording then going back in to edit it
> and change to any channel was a workaround but I think this would be a
> pretty good feature.
Isn't this what the 'program finder' is for ?
or did i misunderstand something....

> The other feature would be to limit the recordings to 'first runs only'
> or 'all showings'. The Tivo has this feature and I like it a lot. For
> example, I can set Stargate SG1 to record all shows, all channels, but I
> only want the new episodes to record when they come back on later this
> year. Right now they are playing alot of repeats for this show and don't
> want to record them. I think Tivo searches for (Repeat) in the
> description or a flag in the EPG that specifies it is a repeat and won't
> record the show if it is set to 'First runs only'.
This was discussed a few weeks ago.
the use of 'repeat' in the title, description or i believe there's actually
a 'repeat' variable too, is not constant across all XML tv guide providers.

regards

Damion de Soto - Software Engineer  email:     damion at snapgear.com
SnapGear - A CyberGuard Company ---    ph:         +61 7 3435 2809