[mythtv] BUG? Can't skip when in-progress recording finishes

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Apr 30 13:08:36 EDT 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>I was watching 'Survivor' as it was being recorded last night, and since
>I have an M-179 I was forced to use the Jump keys to skip the
>commercials.  I noticed that when the in-progress recording finished, I
>lost the ability to jump.  The OSD would come up but it jumped zero
>seconds.  FF/REW still worked.  I exited the recording (saving
>position) and then started watching again and was able to jump around
>again with no problems.

This has been a long standing issue with DVB recordings as well.
Another minor bugette is that when pausing and pressing forward or back
to single frame advance, it first skips a big jump forward and then
works ok (probably finding the wrong gop or similar).  Does this also
happen for you?

I haven't had any time to look into this myself, perhaps someone else
has some light to shed?

Ed W