[mythtv] My epia has got the shakes in latest cvs (viaslice qmatrix related?)

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sun Aug 1 16:50:12 EDT 2004

Darren wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 16:39, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>PS: Mine's a Nehemiah EPIA M 10000 too.
>>

>Just having a wild stab in the dark here ..
>
>You might be having a problem with a newer version of the Nehemiah/M10k
>chipset.
>
>If you do..
>
>cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
>you will get something like this..
>
>vendor_id : CentaurHauls
>cpu family : 6
>model : 9
>model name : VIA Nehemiah
>stepping : 1 <<< what do you get here ??? if you get a 3 or a 5 ( or
>something else) it might be worth you looking at ...
>

>http://linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125
>
>and
>
>http://tinyurl.com/5uq9a
>
>I'm not sure what else to suggest, let me know how you get on or if you
>need me to check anything for you on my setup.

Nope, exactly the same but it would still be strange because my setup
has worked perfectly for quite some time now, it happened after having
upgraded to the latest CVS which I know has changes with respect to the
via hardware mpeg decoding.

If I knew which files handle that I could just blindly try to retrieve
some older versions from CVS to see if the problem goes away, but
unfortunately I know nothing of this part of the code.

Are you using the latest CVS as well?

Cheers,
-Tako