[mythtv] Experimental HDTV Recording patch updated

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Aug 2 15:55:08 EDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Doug Larrick wrote:
]Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
]One minor nit (without having looked at your code): we need to parse the
]STT in order to determine the offset between "GPS time" (which ATSC
]uses) and GMT; right now it's on the order of 12 seconds (GPS time
]doesn't use leap seconds).  Otherwise any guide data read from PSIP will
]be off by this amount.

Hmmm, well parsing the STT shouldn't be difficult. I just have to
convert their time into some normal time reference. Which I need to do
for the guide data anyway. I'm not planning on inserting the guide data
into the database anytime soon. Only one channel near me actually has
accurate guide data, you would need some kind of interface for telling
MythTV which channels to extract guide data from. Sometimes the guide
data claims to have complete show data, including episode description.
But the actual data is something generic like "Program 1" with an
episode description of "Show". FOX does this in my area.

Also, I think we should get a channel scan program working in the setup
program first. This will no only assure the program data corresponds
with the right channel in the database, but also will alleviate all the
confusion about setting up HDTV 'freq-progno' in freqid, when the
published channel is 'ntscfreq-subchannel'

-- Daniel