[mythtv] compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

schneg at rpi.edu schneg at rpi.edu
Wed Aug 4 19:01:21 EDT 2004

At the bottom of this message is a list of notes I took during my attempts
to compile it on cygwin. Mostly, I commented out things I could not
resolve, mostly backend related. At the end I got this message:

make: *** No rule to make target `../libmyth/libmyth-0.15.so', needed by
`cygmythtv-0.15-0.dll'. Stop.

I'm hoping it's just a compiler hiccup that I can clear, but I haven't
messed with Makefiles much yet. Is there a way around the above error
message?

Here's my notes:
compile notes:
in volumecontrol.cpp I manually #defined _WIN32
in util.cpp I edited out everything with Xinerama in it
I copied (symlink should work) cygmythavcodec-0.15-0.dll to
libmythavcodec-0.15.dll
manually included <sys/time.h> because timeval was undefined for
audiotime_updated... i don't remember what file defined this though. it was
in libs/libmyth, a simple grep should find it
mythcdrom.h and .cpp and moc_mythcdrom.cpp all have the cdrom portions that
wouldn't compile commented out with preprocessor magic
mythmediamonitor.cpp and .h are commented out only when MythCDROM is used
edited Makefile in libs/libmyth to ignore Xinerama
some link messages were there, but they were warnings i guess because a
second 'make' reported nothing to do
///////// at this point i installed lame, which worked successfully
Commented out vbi.c via preprocessor... i'm assuming this is for the server
side only. the error was regarding the absense of _IOWR. I guess it's a
bttv thing so i'm not going to mess with it other than to comment out the
whole file
RingBuffer.cpp: _WIN32 manually defined
videosource.cpp: another _IOWR problem... commenting this out
videodev_myth.h: __u32 is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.
commenting out via preprocessor
videodev2_myth.h: same thing
channel.cpp: some v4l2 stuff, commenting out via preprocessor
channel.h: same
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp: same
tv_rec.cpp: same... i wonder about this one though, maybe it's not all
server-side
vsync.cpp: not sure... _IOWR message here. I'm going to comment everything
out but I feel it's going to fuck things up somewhere
videoout_xv.cpp: I'm sure this is videoout. Apparently cygwin doesn't
support it; hopefully there's a better videoout method. i might have to go
back and visit vsync to enable opengl-specific stuff, but i don't know that
that would work either
mpegrecorder.cpp: v4l2 stuff, commenting out
ivtvdecorder.cpp: same
videoout_ivtv.cpp: _IOW stuff, commenting out everything

then... *** No rule to make target '../libmyth/libmyth-0.15.so', needed by
'cygmythtv-0.15-0.dll'. Stop.
don't know what to do here

--
George Schneeloch <schneg at rpi.edu>