[mythtv] compiling mythtv frontend for cygwin

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Aug 5 21:07:07 EDT 2004

> No luck. I edited settings.pro to define _WIN32 and remove Xinerama.
> This
> is all done on the most recent CVS version of mythtv. The same error
> message appears at the end:
> *** No rule to make target `../libmyth/libmyth-0.15.so', needed by
> `cygmythtv-0.15-0.so'. Stop.

	OK. In the .pro files where it has:

isEmpty(QMAKE_EXTENSION_SHLIB) {
   QMAKE_EXTENSION_SHLIB=so
}

	try replacing it with:

isEmpty(QMAKE_EXTENSION_SHLIB) {
   QMAKE_EXTENSION_SHLIB=so
   win32 {
     QMAKE_EXTENSION_SHLIB=dll
   }
}
	or, if that doesn't work just force the variable to be dll

	There are definitely some missing WIN32 related things
in the .pro files, though (e.g. the USING_DIRECTX define and
include paths). I think you are the first person to try and
compile it in a very long time.

	For the source files that you had to change, it might
help us if you provide the compiler command line and output,
and your current settings.pro

> libs/libmyth/mythmediamonitor.cpp: commented this file out too

	Recent versions of libmyth/libmyth.pro only compile this on Unix.

> libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp: commenting out whole thing

	This is only compiled in libmyth/libmythtv.pro if using_x11 is
defined in settings.pro.

> libs/libmythtv/mpegrecorder.cpp: same
> libs/libmythtv/ivtvdecoder.cpp: v4l2 stuff, commenting out
> libs/libmythtv/videoout_ivtv.cpp: same

	Ditto for using_ivtv

	I know this is tedious, but when it is done right
it should "just work"

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing