[mythtv] issue with display whilst using xinerama

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Aug 7 14:55:52 EDT 2004

On Saturday 07 August 2004 09:33 am, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Steven wrote:
> > Op za 07-08-2004, om 05:12 schreef Ben de Luca:
> >>I have a 2nd front end on another machine i use as a desktop machine.
> >>Recently (last few months I have been away) the video playback has
> >>decided to resize it self to twice the available vertical size in the
> >>window. hence I have a stretched display that only shows half of what i
> >>should see. what is interesting is when the OSD is shown it works like
> >>it should.
> >
> > I upgraded to CVS yesterday and now I see something similar. On my
> > Pundit only the top half of the image (live-tv and recordings) is
> > displayed. Strangely enough this is only when de-interlacing is on
> > (tried linear blend, bob, kernel...) Turn de-interlacing off and the
> > full image is there. Also, when paused, the full image is there.
> >
> > I was thinking it had something to do with compiling in the viahwslice
> > stuff (for my epia frontend) until I read your post.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> This sounds like maybe two separate issues to me.

Nope, looks like it's a problem in the deinterlace support code. =)

If one of the non-bob deinterlacing methods is used, but the source is
interlaced, Show still gets called with m_deinterlacing true and
kScan_Interlaced (but never the second, so the height is always getting cut
in half.

NuppelPlayer should probably reset its m_scan to something else if the
doubleframerate var isn't true, right?

Isaac