[mythtv] mythui

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Aug 9 11:38:37 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Sunday 08 August 2004 08:54 am, Rutger Hendriks wrote:
>

>>Works great and looks neat when outputting via videocard!
>>
>>When run in X on the framebuffer of the PVR 350 however, the
>>screen where it is supposed to show a moving tv-screen doesn't
>>move the tv-screen, at least it didn't in the 5 mins I waited:)
>>the next screen with the clock does work tho.
>>O, and the myth logo that appears and disappears doesn't work either,
>>it just sits there.
>>

>Did people really not understand what I meant by 'to fall back to a Qt-based
>paint engine and disable most of the eyecandy'?
>
>Isaac

I tried mythui once. The previous text would be left on the screen when
it goes to the next screen. When the TV moved across the screen it left
a trail from the upper left corner of the tv. I am using a Nvidia 5200
card with the latest drivers. So far what I saw looked pretty bad
compared to the current qt based ui. The fonts didn't look good.

- James