[mythtv] How do I create a selectable tree widget?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Aug 9 15:30:31 EDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 03:03 pm, Morten wrote:
> Am I the only one, who prefers the "treeview" type of layout instead of
> breaking everything up into a zillion buttons?.... (sigh!)
>
> I perfectly understand why you want a coherent UI layout that's skinable,
> but treeviews are really cute......

A standard treeview doesn't work with a remote very well.

> A related thought: from a "spaceship's point of view", is it really
> impossible to draw advantage of all the Qt widgets in the Myth UI, instead
> of reinventing the wheel? -- (Just a thought!)

Currently, the only Qt widget that doesn't have a replacement (and that I want
to use) is the line edit, and again, that doesn't work with a remote very
well  - I'm going to be replacing it with the half integrated phone keypad
popup that was submitted months ago.

A toolkit designed to be viewed on a monitor and controlled with a keyboard
and mouse doesn't really translate very well to being viewed on a TV and
controlled with a simple remote control.

Isaac