[mythtv] mythtranscode -> avi

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 10 17:34:37 EDT 2004

> Yes, I need a linux solution in order for this to be useful for nuvexport.
>
> avidemux2 seems like it might work, but it's HORRIBLY slow, and I'd much
> rather have something within myth, in case the format changes again.

How slow is do you find avidemux2? I ran a quick test on my Althon
1.4Ghz machine with a 945 meg file. It took about 30 seconds to open the
file and 2 minutes to resave it. Not sure if this is the kind of time
frame you are getting, but I figured I'd mention it just in case you
were finding it even slower....

Greg