[mythtv] mythtranscode -> avi

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Aug 11 03:30:29 EDT 2004

> The index is written out in <file>.idx. Btw, the command to do this is:
>   avidemux --index-mpeg foo.nuv foo.nuv.idx c0 --quit
> [ The c0 is mp2 audio from PVRx50 ]
> If I remember correctly (I'm not at home at the moment), just adding
> '--save foo.avi' to the above commandline produces an avi file.

Ahh..

avidemux2 foo.nuv --save foo.avi

MAN is it slow...  2-3 minutes to index, 5-6 to save.  (half-hour show,
764M -- granted, on an nfs share)  Ok, much faster on the host machine
(about a minute total).

But it still pulls up the gui, which won't work when automating the
process via mythweb or from within a screen session. (nor would it
handle the cutlist, or add meta info)

(And on a curious note, the resulting avi doesn't play in windows --
though I assume this is a codec issue (mpeg4), I thought I'd mention it.
  Plays fine in xine in linux)

-Chris