[mythtv] Experimental HDTV Recording patch updated

Wed Aug 11 21:06:54 EDT 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

>I've begun cleaning it up for eventual inclusion in MythTV. It's not
>ready yet. But I would love it if some people gave it a test.
>
>  http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/hdtv-recorder-v10.tbz

Hi Daniel,

I installed this patch set on my backend machine.  Compiles up and seems
to run just fine.

Unfortunately, programs recorded with it in place are unplayable by
Myth.  I get a:

avformat error: -1
Couldn't open decoder for:
/mythtv/store/1005_20040811125900_20040811140000.nuv

In the mythbackend log file.  This is with the latest CVS and with David
Georges "avformat error" patch installed.  Without David's patch, the
backend would just die.

The file DOES play using mplayer, so I am not sure why Myth has a problem.

I have tried several different recording, and I get the same result
every time.

John