[mythtv] frequent PlayBoxTransparency setting DB lookup in mythvideo

Brad Fritz brad-mythtv at fritzfam.com
Tue Aug 17 10:00:11 EDT 2004

J. Donavan,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 06:08:12AM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> >>While experimenting with mythvideo this evening, I noticed that
> >>after selecting "Browse Videos" there is a loop that runs this
> >>query:
> >>
> >> SELECT data
> >> FROM settings
> >> WHERE value = 'PlayBoxTransparency'
> >> AND hostname = 'mythfe00'
> >>
> >>continuously at a rate of several times per second.
[..]
> >It's caused by UIImageType::LoadImage being called every time a paint
> >message goes through.  I'm working on optimizing how images are
> >handled in MythVideo this morning.
>

> And the paint event is getting called waaaay to many times.  The change
> to MythThemedDialog must have changed how the drawing needs done.  I'm
> looking into it now.

Thank you for your quick reply and for working on a fix.

There may be other issues with mythvideo, but I haven't ruled out
user error yet.  In particular, the value of the "Default MythVideo
View" setting seems to be ignored for me and I just get a black
screen and high X usage when using the Internal player with
mythvideo.  (mythtv <filename> works fine with the same video files.)

I plan to submit more detailed bug reports if these turn out not to
be the result of configuration errors on my part.

--Brad