[mythtv] HDTV audio static

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Aug 18 01:43:36 EDT 2004

There appears to be something wrong with the audio portion of HDTV
playback in MythTV.  If I go to live TV or initiate an HDTV recording
on some channel/program, the audio most often comes out as horrible
loud static on my remote frontend; yet, the picture is superb,
suggesting the problem isn't with the MPEG stream itself.  To wit, if
I play the .nuv file directly with vlc, the audio is fine, which
implies this is a problem with mythfrontend's playback.

Anyone else seeing...er, hearing this behavior?

Cheers,
Kyle