[mythtv] New QAM compatible HDTV card

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Aug 19 13:38:02 EDT 2004

>> among people who threw $2000 at home
>>theaters,
>>
> Woah.  Where are you doing your shopping?  I'm guessing most people
> are spending more than $3000 on their systems (especially when you
> consider more than just the TV/projector--and the broadcast flag
> regulations do).

My home theater is significantly more expensive, as I suspect yours
is; but HDTV won't reach mass acceptance until $2000 systems are the
absolute highest of the low end and the median price for an HDTV is
under $700.  At that point, I expect $2000 for a home theater to
provide a consumer with a perfectly acceptable experience.

No, there wasn't a lot of thought put into that number. :)

Cheers,
Kyle