[mythtv] hack for using removable with mythvideo

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Fri Aug 20 16:04:52 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 04:45:20PM +0200, Torbj?rn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > Attached is a quick hack to use the stuff on an inserted cdrom
> > in the video browser. The hack assumes a '/cdrom' mountpoint.
> >
> > This is a quick hack, since I am unsure what the 'desired'
> > direction is
> > for removable media in mythtv. For things like a video-dvd,
> > audio-cd and
> > [s]vcd, things are reasonably simple, just fire-up the required player
> > menu (like this currently happens for dvd and [s]vcd). With
> > non standaard
> > cd's and dvd's, it looks more complicated.
> >

> Is this realy nessesary?
>
> I mean, you can just put a symlink to the mountpoint for the cd/dvd drive
> under the mythvideo directory.
> The cd/dvd will get mounted automaticaly (mediamonitor?), then just select
> the manage video menu and have it scan for files.

Yes, that's just another option. Create symlinks from the photo,video and music
directories to /cdrom and use the various browse menu's to handle the media...
And mediamonitor will mount a cd/dvd it recognizes as data automatically for you.

The reason I was hacking around in the video tree code was because I think it is
nicer if mythtv would automatically jump into the videobrowse menu when I insert
a cd... But maybe you're right and I would be better off adding lcd support to the
video browser ;-)

Leo.