[mythtv] hack for using removable with mythvideo

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Fri Aug 20 19:58:20 EDT 2004

Xavier Hervy wrote:

> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Leo Weppelman wrote:
>>
>>> Attached is a quick hack to use the stuff on an inserted cdrom
>>> in the video browser. The hack assumes a '/cdrom' mountpoint.
>>>

>> There was a fairly comprehensive patch for this some time ago but the
>> author never seemed to manage submitting a version that didn't tack
>> on a bunch of other crap as well...
>>
> That's true, "the author" never seemed to manage submitting a version
> that didn't tack on a bunch of others powerfull features like cd
> collection and some easy to use filter in videogallery. The author use
> it actually too this powerfull feature to manage
>  movies collection on usb/firewire drive. And the author is very happy
> to have it on his version of mythvideo. But the author decide to stop
> to work with people like you (maybe only you) that take the liberty to
> crap on his patch without trying it before.

First, I forgot your name and didn't have time to look it up.  It's not
like I called you "the idiot" or something.

Second, I asked on more than one occasion to submit as a single patch
that added that one feature.  Everything you sent in a revision of your
patch it included things outside the scope of your feature.  I didn't
crap on it, I think it's a good idea.  The only thing I asked was for
you to make your patches more focused, just like everyone else gets
asked to do.