[mythtv] tricky problem with recording start early/late

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 10:44:23 EDT 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 10:20, flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de wrote:
> Hi i recently stumbled over a small problem which i wouldnīcall a
> bug, but a missing feature.
>
> As the broadcasters here in germany donīt seem to feel the need to
> sync their clocks or to start at the right time i nearly need start
> early and record longer +2 on any show i record.
>
> And here comes the problem, iīm recording a show where sometimes two
> episodes follo each other directly. So if i do any kind of start
> early/end late, the second episode can not be recorded due to
> conflicts. I donīt know how this is handled exactly in the db (just
> added to existing endings or extra?) but is it possible to somehow
> ignore the +2 later and the -2 early if two shows are following each
> other directly on one channel?

If you want to start early/end late for every show, then you're better
off using the global pre-roll/post-roll feature.  It's applied globally
instead of on a per-recording basis, and it's ignored for back-to-back
recordings.  It can be found in Setup->TV->General.  The settings are
named "Time to record before start of programs" and "Time to record
past end of programs".

-JAC