[mythtv] tricky problem with recording start early/late

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:44:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:20:17 +0200, flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de
<flokohlert at muenchen-mail.de> wrote:
> Hi i recently stumbled over a small problem which i wouldnīcall a bug, but a
> missing feature.
>
> As the broadcasters here in germany donīt seem to feel the need to sync their
> clocks or to start at the right time i nearly need start early and record
> longer +2 on any show i record.
>
> And here comes the problem, iīm recording a show where sometimes two episodes
> follo each other directly. So if i do any kind of start early/end late, the
> second episode can not be recorded due to conflicts. I donīt know how this is
> handled exactly in the db (just added to existing endings or extra?) but is it
> possible to somehow ignore the +2 later and the -2 early if two shows are
> following each other directly on one channel?

There are two places that you can set modifications to start early and
end late.  One is on a PER SHOW basis.  In that case an overlap will
cause a conflict and one will record and not the other.  The other way
to set this is a global setting (look in the settings menu somewhere).
 The global setting will take affect ONLY if there is no overlap.

For instance, I have a global setting of 2 minutes in either
direction.  So if a one hour program is recorded and there is nothing
before or after it, then 1:04 is recorded.  If there is a show
afterwards, then the two minutes ending late will be ignored, and only
1:02 will record.

I can't remember the exact menu to do this, but I'm sure someone can
chime in how to get there from memory.