[mythtv] PIP motion sync

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Tue Aug 31 07:26:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 06:43 -0400, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> >>I'll bet this is fallout from the video sync reimplementation.  If you
> >>run 'mythfrontend --verbose playback' are there any messages printed out
> >>just after you start PIP?
> >

> > Here is what is output:
>
> [snip]
>
> On second thought, looking at this output and the code, it looks like
> the PIP playback is starved for video frames... to me it doesn't look
> like a video sync issue after all.  And since I don't have two tuners
> I'm not in a position to debug this one.

I read the post from Mark Buechler as well where he states that he
believes this to be more releated to the ivtv drivers.  But if that's
the case, why would the video be extremely accelerated before the pause
when it's starving?  It seems to me that if the video ran at the normal
rate, it wouldn't starve?

Brian
--
Brian C. Huffman <huffman at graze.net>