[mythtv] New AspectRatio option

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed Dec 1 18:14:37 UTC 2004

mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>> The problem with DisplaySize in x config file is that it doesn't do
>> the right thing for 720x576 resolutions.
>> As i explaind in another mail to the list, parts of recordings gets
>> cutoff to the right side of the recording, but if press W key to
>> switch to 16:9 and then change tv to display it as 4:3 i get all of
>> the picture. But this forces me to keep switching aspect ratios
>> manualy on both mythtv and the tv for every show.
>>

> Is this just for the xbox?  I have been using 720x576 for
> quite a long
> time now since that's the only mode that my nvidia card seems to be
> happy with on tv output...
>
> I have a wide screen TV set to 16:9 mode and I have set my
> display size
> correctly.
>
> Everything looks fine here with latest cvs and has done for
> quite a long
> while now.
>
> Does this help?
>
> Ed W

I forgot to tell that this is not with an xbox at all, it's an epia m10000.
But i bult the epia mainboard in a broken xbox, if that makes any difference
;).

I have a widescreen tv too, set to 16:9.
I think the problem only shows if i play a recording from my dvb-c card.
If i remeber correctly recordings from my analog card doesn't have any
aspect problems.