[mythtv] New AspectRatio option

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Dec 1 20:53:29 UTC 2004

>  Looking back at what's commented out in my xorg.conf file, I tried the
>following:
>
>#       DisplaySize  672 378
>#       DisplaySize  16 9
>#       DisplaySize  160 90
>
>  With each of these I saw some scaling (which broke interlacing, IIRC)
>and xdpyinfo reported a different size to the one in the config file.
>I'll give your setting a shot when I get a chance, though.

Well, wouldn't the scaling be due to the funny screen size?

Get a speadsheet out and work through all the possible x and y sizes
around the 100dpi mark with the correct aspect ration and just look for
the one which has no rounding.

Might be interesting to have a look at the relevant part of the myth
code to get the algorithm and work it out backwards to see what the
scaling is (or add some debug lines to simply print it out).  Not
exactly sure where it would be, but videoout_xv might be close?

Ed W