[mythtv] New AspectRatio option

Robert Clark mythtv at ratty.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 01:10:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 20:53, Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> >  Looking back at what's commented out in my xorg.conf file, I tried the
> >following:
> >
> >#       DisplaySize  672 378
> >#       DisplaySize  16 9
> >#       DisplaySize  160 90

> Well, wouldn't the scaling be due to the funny screen size?

  If these are funny screen sizes, then I've probably missed something.
My reading of the code was that it just queries the X server for the
horizontal and vertical display size and then divides one into the other
to get the aspect ratio. All of the above should give the magic number
16/9.

  Based on the fact that xdpyinfo didn't report the screen size to be
the values I was putting into xorg.conf, I'm assuming there is some
rounding happening inside the X server and those rounded values are what
myth is getting back and using to calculate the display aspect.

	Robert