[mythtv] Re: [patch] enable vbi recording

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Fri Dec 3 15:53:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Joaquín Lago Pérez wrote:
]I am very interested on recording teletext subtitles with Myth. I tried many
]options, but without luck. I will try this patch, but I would like to ask if
]you know whether it works on reading telext subtitles, in PAL systems (Spain,
]where subtitles are on page 888 of teletext), and if so, whether I need some
]special configuration. I have a PVR-250, FC-2, with lattests ivtv drivers and a
]month-old CVS of Myth.

It does not record teletext. But if you remove the line:
  vbifmt.service_set = VBI_TYPE_CC | VBI_TYPE_WSS;
It will record teletext. Now this only enables the recording. You will
not see captions when you play these streams in MythTV.

BTW VBI_TYPE_CC enables recording of line 22 in PAL countries, this is
not sufficient for Spain?

-- Daniel