[mythtv] Daily reboot while not recording?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 3 22:26:29 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 14:10, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 09:34:08PM +0100, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> > mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any idea how I could set up my myth box to reboot at
> > > a given time every day, unless mythtv is recording (not counting
> > > livetv) something? In that case it should wait until it finishes
> > > recording and then reboot. The first part is easy, but any ideas on
> > > how to wait for myth to stop recording and then reboot?
> >
> > Why do you want to do daily reboots?
>
> Same reason we do: some combination of card, driver, Mythversion, and
> phase of the moon makes it screw up, and it screws up less when it's
> been rebooted recently.

I think its gotta be phase of the moon. Well, could be cards too. I think I've
rebooted my master backend about three or four times in a year or so. And the
reasons for doing so were one of: a) moving it to a different machine, b)
upgrading the operating system, c) adding more capture cards, d) upgrading
the kernel. Current uptime 30 days, last reboot for reason c and a combined.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...