[mythtv] extreme memory usage when using mythweb to view recorded programs

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Dec 6 13:27:24 UTC 2004

I just updated my Myth install to the latest from CVS;
previously I was a couple of months out of date. That
includes mythweb.

Now when I view the recorded programs list from mythweb,
mythbackend seems to start allocating as much memory as it
can and things grind to halt when it hits the swap. I get
one or two programs at a time added to the result page.

It does eventually complete, and now the backend is using
255Mb. Reloading the page goes through the same exercise.
I have 512Mb in the box and it's only running myth.

This didn't happen on the previous snapshot I was using.
Any ideas?

Hamish