[mythtv] HD3000 buffer overrun solution - patches for hdtvrecorder.cpp/.h against mythtv 0.16

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 6 17:41:54 UTC 2004

Eric, first thanks for contributing to the HDTV code, we need more
contributors. John Poet has a similar patch he's been testing with three
HD3000 cards. Can you compare notes with him to see which patch to
apply, and what buffer sizes to use?

We held back on submitting that patch in part because we hoped the
newest HD3000 driver might eliminate the problem, but it didn't so I
think we'll go ahead and submit it. But we also held back on submitting
that patch because he was still seeing buffer overruns starting about 90
minutes into recording when using multiple HD3000 cards. I'd like to
know if your patch eliminates this problem as well.

-- Daniel