[mythtv] Cx88 Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Expert

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Tue Dec 7 14:10:11 UTC 2004

Liivo Liivrand wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Few weeks ago I posted a question in mythtv-users, about Mythtv and Leadtek
> TV2000XP Expert card incompatibility issues. You could see it from there:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/95494?do=post_view_thread
> ed
... And maybe this should still be in -users ;)

> channel with tvtime / xawtv. So, as I could notice, unfortunately mythtv
> couldn't manage my tv card properly (or lets say, at all), although it works
> fine with other apps in linux. Has anybody any solution to provide?
Works fine for me - You probably need the CVS version of the CX8800 drivers.

(Assuming kernel 2.6.9)

wget \
http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/video4linux-20041202-142354.tar.gz

tar -xvzf video4linux-20041202-142354.tar.gz
cd video4linux
make
make install
ls /lib/modules/2.6.9/v4l2 \
|xargs -n 1 find /lib/modules/2.6.9/kernel/drivers/media/ -iname \
|xargs rm
depmod -e

You'll need to remove your current drivers - Either through a reboot, or
manually rmmoding them.

Cheers,

Allan.