[mythtv] Re: python bindings

Brian Scully scullduggery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 02:15:53 UTC 2004

At one point I tried to SWIG (and boost.python) mythtv 0.14.  I just
ran out of steam after hunting down lots of peripheral problems.  I
don't know if it was SWIG, or mythtv, or an architectural impedance
mismatch between the two (most likely).  I did have much better luck
in terms of code coverage with SWIG.  I am not an expert, by any
stretch, using SWIG or boost - so YMMV.  I agree that it would be
great if python extensions were available to open up plugin writer
accessibility further.  Certainly C++ isn't always the "right tool for
the job".

Brian