[mythtv] PowerPC

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 12 22:14:13 UTC 2004

    Mino> This combination has been working fine.  The interesting
    Mino> thing is that the MacOS X version of MythTV doesn't work
    Mino> with the Linux Backend.  I believe that the endian fixes
    Mino> were only applied to the frontend so the endian is wrong.

[...]

    Mino> This combination works fine.  MythTV for MacOS X also works
    Mino> with the x86 backend.  The PowerPC Linux frontend does not
    Mino> work with the x86 Backend but I haven't tried setting the
    Mino> Big Endian flag for the PowerPC frontend.

I am kind of confused. Does the MacOS X version work with the Linux
backend or not? If the endian fixes were applied to the frontend,
doesn't that mean the frontend should be able to use with a x86
backend?

    Mino> I've been pretty busy but I hope to dig into the code during
    Mino> the holidays to see if I can figure out how to get the
    Mino> endian problems fixed.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I would use this with an
x86 backend, and it would appear this doesn't work yet. However it
looks hopeful that the issues can and will be solved in the future.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>