[mythtv] Bug Report: Recording options/Record one showing

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Sun Dec 12 23:17:36 UTC 2004

I noticed a small bug in the logic for the "Record one showing of
this program" option today. It does not take into account, or allow
one to select, the duplicate settings and is therefore unable to tell
when it is recording one showing of a different episode than the
selected show.

For example, I told Myth to record one showing of the show
"Passionate Eye" which is a weekly show, repeated frequently
throughout the week. The specific episode I wanted was called "The
Weather Underground". However, because I had other recordings that
were occurring during each of the repeated broadcasts, it skipped
ahead a whole week and scheduled a recording of the Passionate Eye
which was a different episode and completely skipped over the "one
showing" that I requested - without being listed as a conflict.

Yes, once I noticed the problem, there are a variety of ways that I
could have forced the recording of the episode I wanted - which I
ended up doing (although even that is a little clumsy, as I set it to
"record any showing on this channel", set the duplicate checking, and
will have to remember to cancel this recording once it is complete to
avoid future recordings of this program). However, it would have been
very easy to miss this as it isn't intuitive.

I think that the "Record one showing of this program" should at least
have the option of checking the title/subtitle/description against
the show that the user selected to make sure they are the correct
episode. Probably, this should be the default behavior as I think its
very rare that a user would want to record any one random episode of
a show and far more likely that xe means to record one showing of
this episode of this program.

Comments?