[mythtv] Re: ALSA "fixes" actually break stuff in CVS?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Tue Dec 14 07:20:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

The "juddering" may be the same as I am seeing. See my post "Problem
with severe video jitter in current MythTv".

This started occuring after upgrading to the CVS release after 0.16.
I am tracking this down by rebuilding MythTv on various CVS dates.
So far the problem seems to have been introduced between CVS dates:
2004-11-29 and 2004-12-02.

I have found that setting "Use Video as Timebase" cures the judder.
My system, a Via M10K using Unichrome drivers, uses the DRM VSYNC
interrupt for video frame output sync ...

Terry