[mythtv] Software AC3 decoding when watching TV
htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 18 01:33:58 UTC 2004
Taylor Jacob wrote:
> Last night I patched up my transform.c and dvbrecorder to do AC3. I
> forced the
>streamid to 0xDB if it was AC3 audio, otherwise it went to 0xC0.. I also added
>a PRIVATE_STREAM1: check, and I was getting AC3 sound for all my ATSC
>stations.. Although I am not sure the headers are getting processed correctly
>yet, but for 10 mintues worth of work I can't complain.. This will be int he
>next DVB patch..
I glee in delight!!! Awaiting your new DVB patch....
Just out of curisioity, how did you do it, can you share me your diffs?
I played with dvbrecord and transform and also got AC3 sound, but I have
a big problem: something goes out of sync when I change from a channel
with AC3 audio to another channel with MPEG2 audio (or vice versa)..
mythfrontend says "waiting 2 seconds for data to become available,
waiting again".. while mythbackend is stuck in
DVBRecorder::ReadFromDMX() loop (it is still sending ipackets).
if I restart mythfrontend (can't wait for it to timeout) and watch TV,
it works (until I switch to another channel with a different audio
format). This doesn't always happen though, 1 in 5 times switching
channels with different audio formats works.
No problems switching from AC3 to AC3 or MPEG2 to MPEG2.
I also need to add the following two lines to init_ipack() to set pv and
pa to NULL if not mythbackend will crash for me in ps_pes.
Kidda sad that I wouldn't be buying an AV receiver for myself this X'mas
More information about the mythtv-dev