[mythtv] Ringbuffer: fsync thread may equal corruption

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 20 19:46:56 UTC 2004

]It is very weird.  A show can become corrupt within minutes of it starting, or
]not until it is over 2 hours into it, or not at all.  Most of the time, once a
]show is corrupt, it continues to be corrupt until the recording is over.
]Sometimes, however, it will recover after several minutes and be okay until the
]end.

The corruption I can't explain, but I've seen corruption cause problems
for the rest of the recording before all our brave new patches. ffmpeg
and the audio decoder can both get into funky states they can't
extricate themselves from because of one transient glitch.

-- Daniel