[mythtv] mythmusic and broken QT on AMD64

Paul Barrette paulbarrette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 17:03:05 UTC 2004

Hi daniel,
I am running mythmusic on amd64 with a stage 1 gentoo install.  I am
running the cvs load of everything.  If you want, I can send you a
patch for the main cvs.  Kyle sent a patch out a little while back
that got things working.  I was hoping it would be checked into cvs by
now ;-)

Pb

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:32:38 +0100, Daniel Paessler <paessler at gmx.de> wrote:
> so, after a tip i got yesterday, i recompiled QT, mythtv, mythmusic...
> with the necessary/recommended -fPIC flag. result is still the same :(
> is there nobody out there running mythmusic on an AMD64 with a
> self-compiled QT...
> some more ideas where to investigate? what informations can i give to
> solve this? i _really_ love mythmusic, on my old system it ran all the
> day...so please! help!
>
> daniel
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 22.12.2004, 09:24 +0100 schrieb Daniel Paessler:
> > i have this problem, which i found on the mailing list some time ago.
> > this happens when i try to play music. the problem appears since i
> > upgraded my box to an Athlon 64, never had this with my Athlon XP
> > (i use mythtv a long time, never had bigger problems).
> > I use Gentoo, so there is no pre-compiled QT. QT compiles fine, i tried
> > 3.3.2 and 3.3.3, same results...
> > so the last answers told about a broken QT, but _what_ is broken here?
> > is it Athlon 64 related? does someone use an thlon 64 successful with
> > mythmusic? i have no idea where to search, maybe some wrong
> > compiler-options? any ideas?
> >
> > here's what i get:
> >
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::handleTreeListSignals
> > (int,IntVector*)
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'musictreelist')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::previous()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'prev_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::seekback()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'rew_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::pause()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'pause_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::play()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'play_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::stop()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'stop_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::seekforward()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'ff_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::next()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'next_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::toggleShuffle()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'shuffle_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::toggleRepeat()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'repeat_button')
> > QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> > QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::editPlaylist()
> > QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'pledit_button')
> [...]

Utque fit, in gremium pulvis si forte puellae
  Deciderit, digitis excutiendus erit:
Etsi nullus erit pulvis, tamen excute nullum:
  Quaelibet officio causa sit apta tuo.   (Ov. Ars 1.149ff.)