[mythtv] [patch] hdtvrecorder version 39

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Fri Dec 24 00:33:21 UTC 2004

This patch includes the improvements in version 38, and also splits out
the common parts of hdtvrecorder and dvbrecorder into dtvrecorder. In
this patch, I have not included the changes to dvbrecorder, but have
sent them to Taylor Jacob instead for inclusion in his patch. This is
just because I didn't want to do the work twice, so I only did it with
Taylor's version.

This also includes a couple of assert removals. Basically, if we can't
decipher a PMT table we just print an error message wait for another
one, and if we get a PSIP table that is not ATSC or DVB compliant we
toss it with a VB_RECORD message indicating the problem. I'm working on
cleaning up asserts and exits as part of a larger cleanup effort, but
the PMT table one was giving people problems, so I did these early.

It's attached, and available here:
   http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/hdtv-recorder-v39.tbz

-- Daniel