[mythtv] [patch] Channel visible indicator

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Feb 6 05:33:46 EST 2004

Van: Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > This patch adds a field to the channel record in the DB for "visible"
and
> > modifies the channel selection in the EPG to only show visible
channels.
> > This is the beginnings to support an easy way to configure which
channels
> > show up in the EPG without having to modify the XMLTV files or mess
with
> > deleting rows from the DB.  By hiding the channel, the data is still
filled
> > so if later a change is made where you wish to start using that channel
> > again, it is an instantaneous toggle.  This is very similar to how the
> > ReplayTV handles unwanted channels and it seems to work very well for
me on
> > that platform.
>
> Sorry but this feature has been there forever =).
>
> <snip>
>
> Favorites can be marked on the fly so you can even add or
> remove a 'visible' channel while in the EPG and can switch to
> seeing all channels with a single key. You can change channels
> to the next favorite and use favorites in browse mode also.

I think if 'seeing certain listings in the EPG' is what he wants, this is
what he needs, you can just press a button and it will skip to the next
'favorite' listing. But as far as I can tell he's looking at _hideing_
channels from the EPG.

I guess that this could be a good start if you want to hide channels
_entierly_ (aka you just can't tune them at all). Which is a bit of an
impossibility when in the US I think (XMLTV will fill them back in
anyways). Here in Europe you could just remove the tuning info from the DB.

	Henk Poley <><