[mythtv] [patch] Channel visible indicator

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 6 11:08:53 EST 2004

"Kevin Kuphal" <kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com> writes:

> It is not related to favorites (as others have noted).  It is about hiding
> channels that you don't want to see or don't get on your service.  Currently
> I could do this by commenting them out from XMLTV configuration and removing
>>From the DB but as someone noted, they come back the next time I run
> configuration or other functions that reinit the XMLTV stream.

Huh?  They don't for me.  After I run the xmltv configuration, but
before I run mythfilldatabase, I edit the xmltv config file and put
"not " in front of all of the channels I don't want to see.  The next
time I run xmltv's --configure it retains those settings, and
mythfilldatabase honors them as well so they wont get into the database.

So, there ARE ways to do what you want with the existing technology.

> Thanks,
> Kevin

-derek