[mythtv] [patch] Channel visible indicator

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Feb 6 19:07:22 EST 2004

I think we're all violently agreeing here, but there are still a few
different POV's:

1)  Not getting information that we're not going to use anyway.  There's
no reason why we should pull information from zap2it for a channel we
don't want.  For me, it's the sports, religious and shopping channels.
In my lineup, that's already more than 10 channels out of 50.  Sure, on
broadband, getting each of them is only a couple of seconds, but if I
was on dialup and paying per-minute, it'd take a lot longer / be more
expensive.  xmltv emits a message if the lineup has changed, telling you
to re-run configure - can we use this information?

2)  Per-user channel guides / favorites.

3)  Hand-editing a file or mysql database vs. graphical selection.

There, more noise to the fray.