[mythtv] [patch] dvb on demand - beta/alpha or something

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Feb 9 00:12:51 EST 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 05:17, mian wrote:
> This patch was required for me to use both DVB and capture functions of my
> card, the current myth code keeps the DVB card open all the time, even
> when it's not in use, which prevents using the v4l analogue capture
> functions for external sat receiver.  By enabling the DVB on demand
> option, the DVB card will be only be opened when it's required and then
> closed again when it's free allowing the v4l analogue capture to be used
> whenever the DVB function isn't.  The option is added to capture card
> setup, under advanced DVB settings - "Open DVB card on demand"
>
> While it is working fine for me, I can obviously only test one setup -
> mine, so it would be appreciated if someone else can test aswell.
>
> As always I'll leave the automatic SQL upgrading for Ivans updates when
> it's been tested so
>
> ALTER TABLE capturecard ADD dvb_on_demand TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

I somehow felt that you would come through with a patch, I have only one
comment, and that is that I intentionally left the ::Close empty because of
the comment in tv_rec.cpp (hoping to remove some code in the future), so
could you make what is currently the ::Close function into a ::CloseDVB
function, since all places that this is called is either determined to be of
DVBChannel class, or the ChannelBase class but determined to be a DVB device,
so a cast into DVBChannel is safe, then this patch is perfect!

--

Kenneth (ke-aa \0 frisurf.no)