[mythtv] Proposed scheduler patch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Tue Feb 10 20:30:56 EST 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 11:20, Steve Davies wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, David Engel wrote:
> > show up when they only scheduled one program!  Does your patch try to
> > filter out multiple inputs on the same card?  Since you can't use more
> > than one input at a time on a card, it would be nice to remove the
> > redundant entries as early as possible, ideally in the SELECT.
>
> Unfortunately, IMHO only the scheduler has enough info to tune out
> multiple inputs, as it is possible in future that the "shareable" flag
> might be implemented - I hope to add this myself - to support multiple
> simultaneous recordings from a single DVB mux. The existing Conflict()
> check is good enough to exclude these multi-input clashes later in the
> scheduling pass, but I'll certainly keep this in mind in case there in an
> obvious improvement.
>
> Kenneth, if you are reading this, do you have a current version of the
> multiple recording from a single mux patch?

Hm, no I don't, but since you ask so kindly, I'm thinking of doing some more
work on it. Maybe make it work for any card and not just the dvb code, as the
hdtv card also can do this. For the scheduler part, would it not be enough to
just let the card driver in question find out if the driver is capable of
recording two schedules at the same time on the same card/input, and just
putting in a stub function for this feature for now, as it's going to be
implemented sometime in the future anyways?

Kenneth