[mythtv] mythTV ... recording watching TV with VPS (germany) ...videotext

Toph toph at abi2ooo.org
Thu Feb 12 05:17:08 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 15:13, Stephane Zermatten wrote:
> > There should already be stuff in MythTV to handle "closed captioning" in
> > Europe by recording the teletext/videotext information from /dev/vbiX, you
> > should also be able to extract VPS/PDS data from it. Erik Arendse was
> > working on that about one year ago.
> See also nxtvepg (http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/), which actually
> includes code to handle VPS/PDS even though it's not clear from the
> interface that it does.

I would love to have VPS/PDS support in myth. I have also had a look at
how that stuff works a week ago. You can find a decoder for sliced vbi
data in zvbi, which can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zapping
Look at test/capture.c, that one can capture sliced vbi data and
--dump-vps.
For an extensive 'Specification of the domestic video Programme Delivery
Control system' grab this:
http://webapp.etsi.org/action%5CPU/20030422/en_300231v010301p.pdf

	Toph