[mythtv] Can someone please explain how to change default font ?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Feb 12 12:09:45 EST 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 11:32 am, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read every possible thread on this matter, tried to change theme file,
> asked for 2 times, but no  success and response. I'd like to get iso-8859-2
> characters set as default font.

Myth uses UTF-8 internally for everything.

Qt automatically switches fonts for you if the current font doesn't have the
characters needed to display a given string.  All you have to do that is set
up your font substitutions properly -- run qtconfig, go to the fonts tab,
select Arial (or whatever, if you've changed it in mythtv) in the first font
substitutions combo box, select whatever font you want in the substitutions
combo box, click add, then save all your settings.

Isaac