[mythtv] problem with delete button "Yes, but record..." missing

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Feb 12 19:02:10 EST 2004

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> mdz wrote:
>>Speaking of which, would anyone object to changing the RecStatusChar to be a
>>bit more mnemonic?  Maybe even more than one character?  It's pretty
>>overloaded and probably doesn't make any sense to the average user in the
>>viewscheduled context.
> Yes, we either need a help key to popup a legend like the playbackbox status
> icons or make them easier.  I look in the source sometimes because I can't
> remember what letter means what.  As the scheduler gets more flexible (read
> 'complex') there may end up being more reasons/statuses.

Humm. I guess it's not self-evident then. As I'd mentioned
in the original check-in, pressing Enter brings up the
override dialog which has a full text explanation of the
status. There are only a handful that come up regularly and
I would think that the user would learn to recognize these
fairly quickly. Perhaps the RecStatusText() (one or two word
status info) for the selected item could appear in the upper
left corner or something.

One of the things that I think could be confusing is that the
conflicts page has mnemonics for the recording status but the
EPG has mnemonics for the record rule type. There some letters
that are used in both places ("T" comes to mind) but these
indicate different things. I can see where that might be
confusing.

--  bjm